We believe in ‘Opportunity for all.’ The PE and Outdoor Education department are motivated in supporting all pupils to discover an activity that they can thrive in. Our overall goal is for pupils to continue to have an active lifestyle beyond school.
We are a team of 3 specialist teachers each with key skills and motivation to help deliver a strong unique curriculum.
We have created local links with external providers that allow the PE department to offer a curriculum we are proud of. Examples of our external providers are:
- Free running led by the Paramount Parkour Academy
- Trampoline Sessions at the Kingston Gymnastic Centre
- Powerboating at Caldecotte Xperience
- Climbing at Big Rock Climbing Centre
- Rookie Lifeguard at Tiddenfoot Leisure Centre.
Physical Education and Outdoor Education at Oak Bank aims to develop:
- Fundamental key skills
- Physical competence
- Creativity, evaluation skills
- Planning and cooperation being a few of many