You can see our current vacancies listed below.
OAK BANK SCHOOL
“This is an outstanding School’ Ofsted, July 2015”
We are looking to recruit exceptional new members of staff to join our outstanding staff team and maintain our status as an outstanding school.
We require the following members of staff:
- 2 x Teaching Assistants – NJC 14-17
- Teacher of Mathematics – MPS plus SEN Allowance
Closing Date for the above position: 8th February 2019
Interview Date: TBC
As an outstanding school we are dedicated to improving the quality of education for pupils with complex social, emotional and mental health needs giving them the best possible life chances.
All offers of employment are “conditional” until a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and qualification checks have been successfully completed and satisfactory references have been received.
Oak Bank School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants are welcome to have a tour of the school prior to an interview, and are encouraged to download further information about each post and an application pack from our school website www.oakbankschool.beds.sch.uk
Telephone: 01525 374559
Oak Bank School, Sandy Lane,
Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire LU7 3BE
Teacher of Mathematics
Grade: MPS plus SEN Allowance
Under the direction of the Head of Mathematics:
- To be responsible for the delivery of the Mathematics programme in KS3 & 4.
- To actively engage in Departmental Self Review, the aim of which to confidently review the quality of teaching and learning, on a regular and systematic basis.
- To adhere to the policies for the setting and marking of work and reporting procedures.To bring to the attention of the Head of Mathematics any difficulties which arise within the department.
- To attend regular meetings, formal and informal, to discuss Department matters and to ensure that the Department works as a team.
- To be responsible for the equipment and teaching materials used for the delivery of mathematics.
- To keep up-to-date with educational developments and changes within the subject area.
- To review examination results within the Department and implement remedial action when necessary.
- To ensure that base-line data is being used to monitor, and where possible improve, performance of the Department and the students within it.
- To develop and organise appropriate policies, plans, materials and schemes of work.
- To ensure that data is used effectively as useful measure of progress and always accompanied with a deep understanding of the pupils as individuals.
- To prepare students for examinations.
Grade: NJC 14-17
Under the instruction and guidance of teaching staff/managers, to undertake educational activities and attend to the educational, personal and social needs of pupils in order to support their learning and development and to ensure their safety and to develop approaches to maintaining pupils who are in crisis.
If you’d like to know more about volunteering at Oak Bank, then please click the following link: Volunteers