We are proud of our school and as such we expect all pupils to wear our school uniform. Our policy is for all pupils to wear our uniform for the following reasons:
- Create cohesion – When students all wear the same clothing every day at school, it levels out the playing field. Any expectations on what to wear are removed and children develop a greater sense of equality.
- Reduce the potential for bullying – Without school uniforms, the potential for children to tease and make fun of one another is increased
- Improve study ethic – If a child feels like they don’t fit in, or they don’t have the latest and best clothing, it can be damaging to their confidence
- Increase safety – There are significant safety concerns to not adopting a uniform in school. With their school colours on, children can immediately be recognised at a distance as a member of that school
- Prepare for the outside world – School uniforms prepare children for formal scenarios that we all encounter in our lives
- Blue jumper with Oak Bank logo
- Blue or White polo shirt (Oak Bank logo preferable)
- Black trousers (knee length shorts in Summer term)
- No skirts
- Black shoes or trainers
- No hooped earrings – studs permitted
- Necklaces are to be tucked away
- Flat surfaced rings only
*Children with sensory issues will require a letter from their GP/Health Care Professional to exempt them from school trousers; however in these instances we will require plain black jogging bottoms (Oak Bank logo preferable)
Pupils are required to change for PE lessons and a PE kit will be provided at the start of each lesson
- Navy polo top with school badge
- Black tracksuit bottoms
- Black Shorts (optional)
- Black lightweight jacket (optional)
- Appropriate trainers
We believe our uniform to be smart and affordable. We are mindful of the growing economic demands being placed on families. To further support, we will provide all pupils with their first 2 polo shirts, a choice of outer garment and PE Kit free of charge.
If you require further uniform, you can download a form on the website (Parent’s Section) and send it into the school office or speak to your child’s Keyworker.